Friday, December 17, 2010

My Little Markie is 3 years old!

I can't believe my baby is 3.  He has been such a joy to our family.   Mark is every bit as energetic and bouncy as any average 2 almost 3 year old.  He especially loves to jump off of and onto anything and everything.  He also loves to be upside down.  I previously posted about this.  



There is, however,  a quiet, determined side of his personality that we are starting to see more and more of as he gets older.  We saw a glimpse of it when he decided that Christmas Eve 2008 was the day he was going to walk so he practiced all day long and by Christmas Day, he was walking all over the house.  He just recently started to love putting puzzles together.  He will spend 30 minutes putting together a 24 piece puzzle on his own, patiently trying all of the pieces every which way until they all come together.  He practiced and practiced until he learned to put on his socks all by himself.  Andrew is still quite content to have me put his on every morning.   I know that 2 was the "I do it myself" stage, but Mark took it to a level Andrew never did.  Not only does he want to do everything himself, but he wants to figure out "how" it is done.  He is eager to "learn from his mistakes" and is often willing to practice until it's perfect.  Not that he's a perfectionist, but he doesn't mind the effort it takes to learn a skill.



Of course, the best part is that amazing smile that comes with that sense of accomplishment.  I wish I had a photo of that.  

Mark just adores his brother Andrew and his Daddy.  For a while there I worried if he had an original thought all his own since EVERYTHING he said and did was an imitation of something Andrew had done or said.  He's growing out of that more as he is approaching three and developing more of his own language and personality.  


He is a Daddy's boy.  Although, he has started to want to cuddle more with Mommy in the last few months.  At least twice everyday he will curl up in my lap and want to be held for no more than a minute or two and then he's off to defeat the bad guys.  I LOVE those moments and treasure them in my heart.   

 


At least 4 out 7 days during the week, Mark's preferred choice of clothing is either of his two Superhero costumes (Superman or Robin).  He wears it To the store, school to pick up Andrew, meetings at church, and park outings.  Bruce and I draw the line at wearing it to church.  


Markie, we love you so much.  Your Dad and I thank our Good God that He chose to gift us with your life and make us a family. 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday super hero Mark!!! And what a great post Erin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Cecilia. I'll pass the Happy Birthday onto Buzz Lightyear Mark, or at least that's who he is today. Last night it was the Bumbmle Bee and Optimus Prime of the Transformers.

    ReplyDelete