Thursday, June 23, 2011

Week Three in Bonn - Adventures with New Friends



We are finally settling into our apartment and Bonn.  We met some new friends and saw them two days in a row this week.  We met them on Wednesday at Pirateland, which is an indoor playplace.  We all agreed that this would never exist in the US.  We saw liabilities everywhere. We almost never made it to Pirateland.  The boys and I got lost and after a quick prayer while on the verge of panic, we got back on the bus heading toward the main train station and then I saw the sign. 

On Thursday we went to the Cologne zoo with our new friends and had a blast.  Their elephant exhibit was the largest we have ever seen with 10 elephants including a baby.  We have no photos because this is the day I lost my camera.  I found it the next day in wrapped in a pull-up  A clean one, Praise God.

Here are a few photos from Pirateland.
Andrew and Mark on the Pirate ship.

I really wish I would have gotten a better photo of this.  It was a huge blow up T rex, I think.  Every so often the head would rise up and the mouth would close.  Kids would be hanging off the mouth, screaming.  Notice there is only one row of gym mats around it.  Would  never exist in the US.

 Our new friend Thomas pulling Andrew.  There were very cool riding toys.
 Andrew and Mark in the balls.





Mark and Vivic on the cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment