Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Language of Two Year Olds


Mark is growing so fast.  He has had a recent explosion of language, which is great.  He is trying to say
everything.

Someone really should write a book, although I know it's different for everyone.  I remember Andrew pronouncing some words we had trouble understanding like AniMULES for animals, but Markie is a whole different story:

zwink, pe  = May I have a drink, please?

mine, bubble ik = I would like to buckle myself.

bubba cuck = garbage truck

mine do dat = I did that (he tells on himself all the time)

nano do dat = Andrew hit me or Andrew pushed me or Andrew took my toy away

Ho Mary Ga =  "Holy Mary, Mother of God"  The Hail Mary - that's his entire version.

One more thing I've just got to add.  I guess it isn't REALLY two-year old language, moreso two-year old behavior, I guess.  It is sooo funny NOW, but not at the time.  The other day, I sent Andrew and Mark to the bathroom to wash their hands for dinner.  After a minute, I hear, "MOOOOM, Markie is washing his hands in the toilet water".

2 comments:

  1. Erin- that picture is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are glasses that came with a doctor's kit that Andrew got for Christmas. Mark likes to wear them. It is so hilarious!

    ReplyDelete